What comes to your mind on hearing bridal chura? Decorated house, giggles of children, the happy chattering of family members, never-ending celebrations, and scrumptious feasts. Yes, we are talking about nothing else than a big fat Indian wedding.
Weddings in India are a grand affair with multiple functions being lined up one after the other. Out of them all, there is an event called Chura and kalire ceremony. Not many people are aware of this ritual because it is widely observed in the northern part of the country, dominantly in Punjabi weddings and some Rajasthani weddings.
Brides are supposed to wear the bridal churas for at least one year from the wedding date or in modern cases, a maximum of 40 days. Traditionally Chura sets compromises of white and red bangles, but trendy ones are also available in the market. We’ve bought you scintillating Chura designs to choose from.
9 Bridal Chura Designs Only For You
- Chura with kundan: Not all girls prefer too much bling and OTT designs. What they seek is something minimalistic that fulfils the objective and at the same time looks elegant on wrists. Kundan or piece of uncut diamond studded bangles paired with plain red bangles. They give a royal look to the whole ensemble.
- Bronze chura with maroon bangles: There is something alluring and unique about an oxidized look on jewellery pieces, whether it is a bangle or statement necklaces. Bronze color chura look impeccable with lehengas in shades of white like ivory, cream, etc. If you are looking to try something offbeat and fresh, it is the perfect choice for you.
- Cool pastel color churas: Gone are the days when the color of bridal chura was limited to maroon or red colors only. The brides now seek independence while choosing the perfect color to match their bridal outfits. Pastel colors like peach, sherbet orange, cool blue, etc. are winning hearts.
- Stone studded chura: The demand of churas in the market is a mix of several patterns, embellishments, and colors. But that doesn’t mean girls are leaving the OTT bangle styles. Big pieces of stones studded on bangles surrounded by classic red/maroon bangles is the apt choice for girls who want to make a statement on their D-Day.
- Traditional punjabi chura: Our list of trending bridal bangle designs will not be complete without including the traditional red/white set. This type of bangle set still enjoys popularity among brides for its classic and omnipresent appeal. If you ever face confusion while choosing your bangle set, simply go for this one.
- Rajasthani Rajwadi Wedding Chura: The desert state of Rajasthan is known all over for its royalty and splendour. RIght from its food to clothing and living standards, everything exudes grandeur. Embodying that luxury is the rajwadi wedding chura with hand painted figures of maharaja and maharani. These bangles will look ethereal when worn with a rajputi dress.
- Chura with customized name: Do you know that it is possible to get a bridal chura set with the couple’s name? It is a traditional practice of the bride’s uncle and aunt (mama and maami) to bring chura for the girl as their wishes for a happy married life. So, the relatives can give a pleasant surprise to the bride by gifting her bangle set with her and the fiancé’s name on them.
- Bangles with the couple’s photo: Gone are the days when people had their photographs inked on t-shirts, coffee mugs, birthday cakes, etc. Now you can get a photograph printed on a bangle as well. Yes, you read it right. Technologies have made it possible to take product customization to a new level. Get this specially personalized bangle set right now.
- All diamond bridal bangles: It is not possible for every bride to afford bridal bangles made of precious metals and stones. If money isn’t an issue for you, then we’ll highly recommend going for churas studded with diamonds. You can take it a notch up ahead by setting these stones in gold metal. The glitter of gold and plane diamond is alone enough to bring all the bling in your look.
These are some of the most trending bridal chura designs and patterns at LIVE ENHANCED you can choose from for the upcoming festivities. The wedding is once in a lifetime event, hence ensuring that every aspect is perfect is necessary. Right from makeup, different outfits for different events, jewellery pieces, footwear, etc.
Also, do not forget to pick some gorgeous kalires as well. The kalire ceremony usually takes place right after the chura ceremony wherein the bride shakes her hands on her girlfriends’ heads. If a piece of trinket falls on the head, then it is believed that the girl will get married next. It will not be wrong to say that both the chura and kalire ceremony is very much looked forward to.