An airbrush compressor is a small device which is operated by air to spray cosmetic foundation or paint through the procedure of nebulization. For the purpose of this article, we are concerned with the foundation airbrush compressor. It is a device that is usually used to compress external air through the help of one or more pistons. It also uses tubes to create the air pressure.
What the Pistons do is to first compress the external air into the storage air tank. Then it can generate a particular amount of needed pressure. Afterward, the air will be released to enable the airbrush to carry out its task flawlessly.
Source : i.ytimg.com
The pressures that the airbrush compressor produces are highly essential since you know that specific applications warrant particular air pressure amount. That is why we are going to teach you how to use an airbrush compressor.
Steps to Follow:
- Fix your airbrush gun together with your compressor hose. That is the SP-35 metal screw-on connector to SP-40 metal screw-on connector. Attach them also with the conical base.
- Fill the airbrush cup with the required makeup. If you want to make use of the airbrush foundation, you can begin with 4-6 drops of the makeup. If it is for highlighter, blush or any other colors, you can begin with 3-4 drops.
- You now switch on the compressor and raise the compressor gun about 4-6 inches from the face.
- Start applying the makeup. You should always begin by releasing the air first. Then mount pressure down on the gun trigger for air release. The next thing you have to do is to draw back on the gun trigger so that you can release the makeup. Ensure that your air is ready at all times during the application process.
- You can now begin to apply the airbrush makeup. Whenever you want to control your makeup, you can always pull back the trigger.
- When applying the makeup, do not forget to apply the makeup airbrush in small circular movements. Continue moving the device and carefully keep watch to avoid over spraying. Remember to always stop at intervals to enable you to review your hand work.
- The next thing you have to do is to shift the gun of the airbrush 4-6 inches away from your face as much as is necessary. Then make some adjustments to the pressure dial that is on the compressor as required.
After following the above steps judiciously, you will now know How to Use An Airbrush Compressor effectively. The next thing you need to do is thoroughly clean up the used airbrush. By doing the following;
- Take a cleaner that is perfect for the formula you are using and flush out the gun of the airbrush between colors.
- Add some drops of your cleaning mixture into the cup.
- You can put a small brush or cotton swab inside the cup and swish it around with the mixture.
- Make sure that you spray the cleaning mixture via the airbrush gun on a tissue or in a pot.