If you are a subscriber of Spectrum TV then you might already be aware of their app which you can get from both Google and Apple store. There are a lot of advantages to this application. For starters, it lets you stream your favorite television shows or movies anywhere you want as long as you are connected to the Spectrum internet. Plus, the app has an impressive on-demand library of around 50,000 films and shows that you can enjoy. In addition, it gives you access to almost 200 TV channels.
Spectrum App on Firestick
Amazon Firestick is a device similar to USB that you can plug into the HDMI port of your television. It runs the Amazon Prime content on your TV. However, if you are not subscribed to that service and have the Spectrum app then there is no need to sweat! You can simply install your Spectrum application on the device to get access to entertaining content. Once you have the app on firestick then you can perform functions like filtering live content by programming category and network name. Now, without further ado, let’s discuss how you can get Spectrum App on Firestick.
Installing Spectrum App on Amazon Firestick
Amazon doesn’t allow you to install third-party applications on its devices. So, getting the Spectrum App on Firestick may be a little tricky. However, you will be fine as long as you follow these steps.
- Access your Firestick’s settings
- Select your device as My Fire TV
- Now look for Developer Options
- Once there look for the option Apps from Unknown Sources. Amazon will have it switched off. You need to enable it.
- After you try to enable it, you will get a warning message but don’t worry about it. Switch the feature on.
Now, there are two ways how you can install the Spectrum App on Firestick once the option of Apps from Unknown Sources has been switched on. The first is through Downloader App and the second is via ES File Explorer.
Installing via Downloader App
If you want to install the Spectrum app on Amazon Firestick via Downloader App then here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Head to the Downloader App
- You now have to download the APK file of the Spectrum app
- After the file is downloaded, it will appear on your Firestick’s installation screen
- You can now hit the Install option and then wait till the app is installed
- Once the process is complete, you can open the app, and it will launch on your device. You can now watch the Spectrum TV app on your Firestick
Installing via ES File Explorer
If the Downloader App isn’t available in your region then you can install the Spectrum TV app on Amazon Firestick through ES File Explorer. Here is how you can do that.
- Go to your Firestick’s search bar and look for the ES File Explorer App
- Once you find it, go to the Explorer’s home screen. Here, you will see the Downloader option. Click it.
- You can now head to the New option. This is where you will enter the APK URL of Spectrum App so it can download
- You can then hit Download Now
- Wait till Spectrum TV APK downloads
- Once the download completes, you can open the file. An option of Install will pop up. Click on it and you will find the file on the installation screen of the Firestick.
- You now have to select Install so that the app can be installed.
- After the installation is done, you can use the button at the bottom of your screen to open the Spectrum App. Now, enjoy your favorite TV shows and movies on Amazon Firestick.
Some Common Issues
Once you have successfully installed Spectrum App on Amazon Firestick, let’s look at some common problems that you might encounter.
1. Not All Channels Can Be Accessed
If you are not able to access all channels on Spectrum then it might because of the parental control settings of Firestick. To fix this issue, simply go to the parental control options and modify the settings. This should resolve the problem.
2. Slow Streaming
Another problem is a slow speed. Your spectrum content might buffer while you are watching it on Firestick. This issue can be resolved by upgrading the speed of the internet. You can also talk with the customer support service by dialing the Spectrum TV phone number and ask them for their help with the issue.
Those who love watching Spectrum TV can now enjoy it on Amazon Firestick. The device will let you watch all of your favorite movie titles with a touch of customization. However, if you want to have an uninterrupted experience while enjoying the content you love then make sure that you have access to a high-speed internet connection. This will let you watch the content without any buffer.