When December rolls around, it’s time to start thinking once again about your holiday decorations. With a Christmas tree, Christmas lights, wreaths, and garland, there’s a lot to get ready to make sure your home and yard reflects the magic and colors of the season. While many families simply unpack their old holiday decorations, you may want to look at one of the more recent lighting options on the holiday market: LED Christmas lights.
But what exactly are these lights? And are they really that different from the traditional incandescent bulbs? Are they worth the higher cost? To answer all these questions and more, we’re taking a closer look at LED Christmas lights and reviewing some of the top reasons why so many families are making the switch to this innovative lighting option. We then discuss a few fun and creative ways to use LED Christmas lights to make your holiday season even brighter this year.
WHAT ARE LED LIGHTS?
LED, which stands for “light emitting diode,” is one of the more recent advances in lighting technology. For these lights to work, an electrical current passes through a microchip within the bulb. The microchip then illuminates the LEDs, turning this into visible light. The heat that is produced by this energy is absorbed into a heat sink, which helps to reduce overheating and improve the performance and lifetime of these lights.
Since their development, LED lights have exploded in popularity and are used for much more than Christmas decorations. LED lights can be found in almost any lighting source or product, including streetlights, outdoor area lighting, modular lighting, and task lighting. LED lights are also found in a wide range of electronics. If you’re looking for more energy-efficient and longer-lasting lights, it’s time to give LED lights a try.
6 REASONS TO BUY LED CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
Compared to traditional incandescent bulbs, there are many distinct advantages to using LED lights for your holiday display this year. While the cost may be more upfront, the durability, energy-efficiency, and longer lifespan of these innovative lights will save you costs over the years and ensure you have a bright holiday season.
Read on to see 6 reasons why you should buy LED Christmas lights this year:
- Energy-efficient: LED Christmas lights are far more energy-efficient than incandescent bulbs. This means you can cut down on your annual holiday budget and conserve electricity.
- Longer lifespan: compared to incandescent bulbs, LED lights are going to last you for many more holiday seasons. In fact, by some estimates, LED lights can last up to 50 times longer than traditional incandescent bulbs. That’s a lot of extra holiday seasons when you add it up.
- Eco-friendly: with a more energy-efficient design, LED lights use far less electricity. Since most of the electricity in the United States is still generated by coal-burning plants. Thus, the less electricity we all use, the less harmful fossil fuels will be emitted into the environment. Cutting down on pollution is often an overlooked—but very important—advantage to using LED Christmas lights.
- Durability: packing away your Christmas lights after the holidays, you always run the risk of breaking a few bulbs no matter how securely you pack them up. With LED Christmas lights, however, you don’t have to worry about breaking bulbs since they’re made of plastic—not glass. This means you can rest easy knowing your lights will be good to go for next year.
- Safety: safety should always be a top priority when it comes to setting up your holiday decorations. Nothing ruins the Christmas spirit faster than burning yourself on your Christmas lights or an electrical mishap. Compared to other bulbs, LED lights are much safer for two primary reasons. First, since they’re made of plastic, they won’t shatter like glass bulbs. Second, since they absorb excess heat, you don’t have to worry about burning your hands when working with them.
- Save on your holiday budget: believe it or not, but LED Christmas lights will even help you trim down your holiday budget this year. While these lights may cost more upfront, in the long run they’ll save you quite a bit as you won’t have to constantly buy replacement strings or new lights each December.
HOW TO USE LED CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
Once you’ve made the switch to energy-efficient LED Christmas lights, it’s time to decide how you’re going to use them for your home and yard. LED Christmas lights are incredibly versatile and can be used for almost any type of seasonal display. LED Christmas lights work well on your tree, hanging from your rooftop, along banisters and porch railings, or even outlining windows inside your home. LED lights are durable enough to work well both indoors and outdoors and can withstand the elements. Since they’re available in such a wide array of colors, patterns, and designs, LED Christmas lights can match any creative Christmas plan.
CONCLUSION – 6 REASONS TO BUY LED CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
When it’s time to unpack your Christmas decorations and all those boxes, think about making an upgrade for your Christmas lights this year. Incandescent bulbs may have that traditional warm glow we all know and love, but there are so many benefits to making the upgrade to LED Christmas lights this year.
This advanced technology can transform your holiday lighting. LED lights are far more energy-efficient than older bulbs, and due to their design, will last much longer—ensuring you don’t have to buy a new string of bulbs every single year. They’re also much cooler to the touch, making them safer for when you’re hanging them up. Since they’re made of plastic, not glass, you also don’t have to worry about them shattering. LED Christmas lights are available in practically any color, pattern, and length you could dream up. The only thing that’s left to do is to decide how many lights you’ll need this year to make the most magical holiday display yet.