There have been incomplete discussions on the risks of testing positive for Covid while pregnant. According to a recent Oxford Research study, pregnant women diagnosed with Covid-19 and their newborns are at a greater risk of infection than previously believed.
Numerous such trials are being performed on smaller populations. They are not universally applicable to all pregnant mothers. Pregnant women must practice more caution since they are responsible for two lives. But, for the time being, there is no need to fear if there is no risk.
How dangerous is the second wave of Covid for pregnant ladies?
Not many expectant mothers were diagnosed with the COVID virus during the first phase, although the number is growing in the current phase. Women with comorbidities are at a higher risk. COVID affects the infant in many circumstances by decreasing the amniotic fluid surrounding the fetus.
According to experts, the current strain is to blame for the rise in COVID cases among pregnant mothers. This time, the virus becomes even more contagious and can also elude the RT-PCR test.
The good thing is that there are no birth problems as a result of Covid. The seriousness of the incidents determines it. There is no danger if the oxygen levels are adequate because there are no complications.
Complications at the time of birth
Doctors are being forced to perform early births while the mother’s health is critical. However, Covid is not the only source of prematurity.
Covid does not cause any birth complications. The seriousness of the incidents determines it. There is no concern as soon as the oxygen level is adequate and that there is no comorbidity.
It is important to ensure that the birth experience does not interfere with saturation. A caesarian birth is often performed for the same purpose, namely, to prevent labor during natural childbirth, which can impact saturation levels. Even during the antenatal cycle, it is critical to control temperature, oxygen saturation, and blood levels.
What precautions must be followed for the prevention of this virus?
- Since we all agree that prevention is easier than cure, make sure to adhere to all Covid safety measures. Do not leave the house until absolutely necessary.
- Continue to take the vitamins and zinc, as well as a balanced diet, and relax. Normal workout is also advised.
- Do not panic and run to the doctor if you show Covid symptoms. The majority of Covid cases can be treated at home with specialist consultations.
- Never self-medicate. And before taking medicines, consult with the doctor.
- Exclude yourself from the situation. Every 6 hours monitor the temperature and oxygenation.
When the immediate hospitalization or medication is required for expecting moms?
The only cause to be concerned is if your fever would not drop after four days of taking paracetamol or if the oxygen supply drops to 94 or less at any point.
If you have blue nails or serious chest pain, you should seek medical care right away. In both circumstances, you can need hospitalization. Doctors’ antibiotics are safe to take during pregnancy. At this time, take vitamins C, D, and zinc.
If you have a problem with oxygen saturation, seek emergency medical care, particularly if you are in the early stages of pregnancy and your breathing is already impaired.
Transmission of the virus from mother to child
Vertical delivery, or propagation from mother to infant in the womb, is uncommon, but it is possible. Breastfeeding is promoted with proper purification, such as masking and hand washing.
If anyone is not safe getting next to the baby with the virus, you should draw milk and send it to a Covid-free attendant to nurse the baby. Breastfeeding is strongly recommended, and the advantages exceed the drawbacks.
According to doctors, more severity occurs in the third trimester, especially during the second phase. There is no increased risk of death, especially during pregnancy; chronic conditions primarily determine it. However, urgent care may be required during this period.
Should pregnant women take vaccines?
Vaccination is not currently approved for pregnant mothers. If a woman is receiving the vaccine, she does not expect a birth for two or three months after she has been vaccinated.”
However, as per a recent report by experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there is no evidence to prove that the Pfizer and Moderna Covid-19 shots pose a danger during pregnancy. The findings are part of major research ever conducted on the efficacy of the Covid-19 vaccination in pregnant women.
Steps to take for pregnant ladies if tested positive
Following are some of the steps pregnant women should follow is tested positive for coronavirus:-
- Toxins must be flushed out of water. It is important to remain hydrated during the day.
- Fruits and vegetables that contain water can also be eaten.
- Protein consumption, along with fiber and fat, should not be compromised.
- Antioxidant-rich foods, such as turmeric, are essential, but depending on the month of pregnancy you are in, you can check with a nutritionist.
- Multivitamins are needed to make sure the mother and baby are safe.
- And post-Covid expecting mothers will experience appetite loss. They would continue to eat tiny quantities during the day in order to get the necessary nutrients.
- Never eat too much.
- If the oxygen level is regular, mild exercising is advised.
So, above are some of the things you must keep in mind if you are pregnant to keep you and your little one healthy and safe from this deadly virus. I hope it will help you out and keep you & yours safe.