Have you been not able to get a good sleep from a while? Do you also experience stuff like sleepwalking or bed wetting? If yes, then you may probably be facing the issue of sleep disorder. Yes, you read it right! There are a number of people who have become the victim of sleep disorder issues and are not aware of that. You can get essential details regarding different sleep disorders by going through different online platforms like Counting Sheep. Here we are discussing some of the most common sleep disorder issues.
One of the most basic disorder is Sleep Apnea. It is very serious but still a common sleep disorder issue that is seen in many people.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea:
- You wake up during the night from time to time gasping or choking or with a dry or a sore throat.
- You snore loudly.
- You feel extremely sleepy during the day.
- You lack energy in general.
- You suffer from headaches.
- You feel tired and irritable.
CPAP Therapy (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Therapy): In this, a machine is used that mild the air pressure as it opens the airways as you sleep, leading to better rest. There are a number of other alternatives that you can use to treat this issue i.e. undergo a weight management program or the positional therapy or the surgery.
Another popular term linked with a sleep disorder is Insomnia. In this condition, a person feels difficulty in getting sleep or staying asleep. This condition is divided into two terms i.e. Transient or Short-Term Insomnia and Chronic Insomnia.
Reasons for Insomnia:
There are a number of reasons through which you can become the victim of Insomnia. If you experience stuff like poor sleep hygiene or face disrupted sleep-wake schedule or dealing from sleep-related breathing disorders, then you may be suffering from Insomnia. Due to some medical conditions or hormonal changes also, you can face this problem and its symptoms.
Symptoms of Insomnia:
- Even if you’re tired, then also you can’t able to sleep.
- In addition to that, you will struggle to sleep even if you feel well-rested and refreshed.
- Another symptom is you face restless sleep and are exhausted when you awaken.
RLS OR RESTLESS LEGS SYNDROME:
Next name in this category is the restless legs syndrome in which a person feels an uncontrollable urge to maneuver his legs while sleeping or resting. You can’t able to get an easy sleep as you continuously feel the sensation of burn, aching, and tingling. Due to discomfort in your body parts, you experience unease and can’t able to rest.
Symptoms of Restless Legs Syndrome:
Talking about the common symptoms, there are many. Some of them are discussed below:
- You will experience a strong urges to move your legs along some crawling sensation.
- It gets worse in the night, especially when you are inactive.
- At the time you stretch or walk or move, you find some relief from your symptoms.
Wrapping up, these are some of the common sleep disorder issues and its symptoms.