Around 100 million plastic bottles are being used and thrown away every day. By which 80% of them become non-biodegradable wastes. The bottles which are used for the packaging of water or soda take over the year of 1000 to biodegrade and if you burn it, it may produce fumes that are toxic.
Reusing plastic bottles
We all know that 3R’s are Reuse, Recycle, and Reduce. So we can reuse the plastic bottles once its work is done and thus, help the environment to be pollution-free. Don’t throw the bottles away. Instead, here are some exclusive simple and awesome cool organizers which can be made by using the plastic bottles. So what are you waiting for? Quickly check out the few creative low cost and cool functional organizers and craft works which will transform the plastic bottles you thought of discarding, into useful storage and decor for our great home.
Making of cool organizers
– Zipper case
- Two plastic water bottles
- One zipper (It must be long enough fitting the bottle’s circumference)
- Hot glue
Steps to be followed –
- We need to cut the tops of both the bottles and as per the requirement of yours, you can decide the size of the case.
- We need to make sure the zipper case covers the circumference of the bottle and if the zipper is longer than the circumference of the bottle, cut the zipper from one end, not the end with the zipper stop.
- Now we begin with gluing the zipper from one side from inside the bottle. Do the same for the other piece of the bottle too, but the zipper must be facing outward.
- Once the zipper reaches the end, we need to overlap both the ends of the fabric of the zipper on the other.
- Put the items you need to keep inside the case and it’s done and organized and you have a brand new zipper case.
– Holder bowls
Things required –
- A plastic bottle
- A cutter
Steps you need to follow –
- Take a plastic bottle, mark the length of the bottle till where you want to cut according to the length of the bowl.
- Now cut the bottle with the help of the cutter around the marked line.
- After completing the above-mentioned step, take the iron and heat it up so that it can just melt the plastic a little, don’t heat the iron much, or else it will damage the shape of the bowl. Put the edge of the cut plastic bottle on the iron to smoothen the surface. And it’s done, your beautiful holder case is ready. You can keep brushes and stationery items in it.
– Bottle Piggy Bank
- A plastic bottle
- A sharp cutter
- Bottle caps
- Color Spray
- Color Paper
Steps are as follows-
- Take a plastic bottle and cut a small horizontal hole on the top of it, make sure the hole should be cut little more than the circumference of the coins so that the coin will slide vertically inside the bottle easily.
- Spray the bottle with the color you desire your crafted piggy bank to look like.
- Once the color gets dry use the button to make the eyes of the piggy bank and other bottle caps to make the legs of the piggy bank which will provide support to the piggy bank to place it firmly.
- Using the color papers you can cut out the shape of the ear and tail of the piggy bank and paste it with glue to look like real piggy.
- That’s great! Your piggy bank is ready, put your coins daily, and invest them.
– Pet feeder
- Two plastic bottles
- Craft knife
- Pet food
- Make a hole on one of the bottles and cut it with the help of the knife and make sure the cut space must be wider than the bottle’s mouth.
- Cut the other bottle half wide wise.
- Fill the lower part of the bottle with pet food.
- Close together the pieces and the lid should be unscrewed and placed in the orifice.
- Now your pet feeder is made. Fill it with pet food and automatically your pet will be able to feed itself.
– Hanging Garden Organizers
- Plastic bottles
- String and needles
- Take the bottle and cut it horizontally and make holes using needles at both ends of the bottle.
- With the help of the string the, bottles should we fastened together with one after another vertically.
- Fill the empty half cut bottle with water and hook it against a wall.
- Place the saplings on each of the bottle vase and a vertical garden is prepared.
These are the five useful and simple full organizers made by reusing the plastic bottles. There are many more different craftworks that can be made reusing the plastic bottles at Live Enhanced.
Thus, from now on before discarding a plastic bottle or discarding it just check the ways you can reuse it by converting them into cool organizers.