Diet is an important part of a healthy pregnancy. It not only helps you stay active and strong but also helps your baby grower stronger. It is very important to schedule your diet plan according to the different trimesters as baby grows different parts of its body at each of these trimesters. A healthy diet is always an important part of a healthy lifestyle. By diet, we mean what you should eat and what you should be avoiding.
Pregnancy diet is much different than your weight loss or any other specific diet which done for the physical well being of your body. Pregnancy diet focuses on the health of the mom keeping a very strong hold on the growth of the unborn baby. A good diet should be balanced with an appropriate blend of all necessary nutrients.
Some of the essential components of a balanced diet are:
- Vegetables and legumes
- Bread, Nut, and cereals
- Dairy products
- Meat, poultry, and fish
- A lot of fresh fruits
Protein is an important part of the diet which helps the baby grow. Do not have all the food items on a single day, instead plan your diet better. You should know your appetite and your digestion capacity and then plan your diet. Most of the women when they start dieting feel bloated or some even face stomach disorder.
This is very common and nothing to fear. The reason why this happens is that you are eating food which you are not able to digest and your body reacts. You should also give time to your body to adjust to the changes you bring in by following a diet plan. Feeling tired in the starting days of the diet is because your body is not prepared and it does not get the usual amount of energy which is used to get. In such cases, drink at least 10 -12 glasses of water. Water helps you escape from bloatedness and also keep you hydrated.
If you are having doubts about dieting, we advise you to consult your maternity hospital in Pune or the city which you belong to. Every hospital now has a dietician to help their customers have a healthy delivery.
Let’s see how each of the food items help you:
- Fruits and vegetables: They provide you with an ample amount of vitamins and minerals and also essential fibers which helps you in digestion so preventing constipation. Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables every day. Do not always stick to a single fruit or vegetable as you will be loosing out on other necessary vitamins.
- Starchy food is an important source of vitamin and fiber and the best part is they do not contain too many calories.
- Eat some protein every day. Choose lean meat, remove the skin from poultry, and cook it using only a little fat.
- Take a limited amount of dairy. Keep a check on your fat consumption.
- No amount of alcohol is safe and hence quit alcohol completely.
If you are not able to keep a hold on these things, better seek help with your doctor. Every maternity hospital in Bangalore has their own specialized nutrition classes for mom-to-be which will help you immensely.