What makes a movie night better is the smell of the popcorns wafting through the dim-lit cinema hall and the buttery or the caramelized taste of the popcorns that activate your taste buds. You can create the same experience in front of your home TV screen through the use of best popcorn kernels that can be popped on the stove, air poppers or in the microwave. The delicious entertainment snack brings you the best aroma, taste and the satisfying sound of the kernels popping in the pot.
Types of kernels
The kernels may be of two shapes:-
- Mushroom-shaped: These kernels are popped to a small baseball shape that makes it suitable for the sugar coating or add-ins of chocolate or syrup drizzle.
- Butterfly shaped: These kernels have several wings protruding out and are easier to be crushed due to delicate shape. They are often buttered.
In the following article, we will discuss different popcorn kernel brands that are available as per your taste, nutritional requirements, freshness and affordability.
Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn Kernels
- If you are looking for kernels that are known for their unique taste and not just the topping, the yellow kernels of the Orville Redenbacher are the correct choice.
- These are health-oriented, gluten-free, 100 % natural and free from harmful additives and GMOs.
- well designed and neat packaging kernels purchased only in 5 lbs12-ozs or 8-pound.
- The product is not to be missed because of being seasoning free but you need to grab it for the crunchy exterior and the fluffy inside, while you pop kernels in the air popper or microwave.
Cons: A few kernels do not open when popped.
Great Northern Popcorn
- Looking for a packing appropriate for serving 1 or 2 people to avoid the mess, then this product is the choice you need to make.
- These are used for both commercial and home use and popped in the commercial kettles, air poppers or electrical poppers.
- They come in premeasured 5, 4 and 8 oz packing. The smaller packing has a separate compartment for the oil and seasoning. The packaging is tightly sealed which prevents the air from entering the packing and maintenance of the freshness.
- low-melt buttery flavored oil and extra-fine diacetyl-free seasoned salt-Free come with Non-GMO kernels and gluten kernels.
Cons: Some popcorn does not give a fluffy feel.
Bob’s Red Mill – Whole White Popcorn
- These popcorns are among the healthiest popcorns. These are 100% gluten-free, vegan and kosher kernels. There are no added preservatives, flavors, salt and have extra dietary fibers.
- The kernels pop to be white and crunchy with exotic taste to give you the best experience.
- The packaging design saves you from restocking again and again for a larger family.
- The instructions on packing for the user to make popcorn on the stovetop and in the microwave.
- The popcorns can be seasoned according to your taste.
- Cons: There might be spillage from the packet and it gets difficult to preserve the freshness of kernels once the packet is opened.
Amish Country Popcorn – Best White Popcorn Kernels
- Are you a serious popcorn lover and want a filling quantity of popcorns to satisfy your craving then the no GMO, vegan, gluten-free, tree nut and peanut-free, lactose and dairy-free Amish popcorns in 6-pound packing save you from the chemical additive.
- These are easier to digest because they have no or super thin hulls that promote easier digestion and save your braces and teeth from the hulls that may stick in them.
- The product is provided with a user manual and 15 amazing popcorn recipes.
- The popcorns are healthy, low calorie and liked for their fluffy texture inside and crunchy outside.
- Despite the bigger packing, they remain fresh for over a year and provide you a pocket-friendly snack to savor.
Cons: The kernel size may be smaller and provided with no seasoning.
You may also like to know about The Ultimate Guide of Keto Diet for Youngsters
Indulging in a bag of store brought popcorns may be a guilty pleasure for many but what about the hazardous toxins that come along? So, we have brought you a few of the best popcorn kernels to be popped at home and give you the satisfaction of savory taste and nutritional benefits. We hope that these selections might help you to grab the best popcorn kernels as per your choice and taste