There is no better way to enjoy the Great Smoky Mountains than spending time at Dollywood. This is the world of Country Western Singer Icon Dolly Parton.
It includes magnificent entertainment, thrilling rides, festivals and spectacular meals. Don’t forget to ride the Dollywood train or ride the ski lift up the mountain, says our blog at Mountain Air Cabin Rentals.
Some attractions include:
- Shows featuring performances by the Smoky Mountain String Band, Kingdom Heirs Gospel Quartet, Little Engine Playhouse, Dreamland Drive-In and the My People Show, featuring the family members of Dolly Parton herself.
The seasonal music festivals are a must see including hundreds of classic bands, gospel singers, international entertainers and bluegrass performers.
The Golden Ticket Award, which went went to Dollywood for the best themed food in the world.
Source : www.coaster101.com
The Southern-style cuisine is mouthwatering. Stop by the Grist Mill for a loaf of legendary cinnamon bread. Every hour 350 loaves of this delicious treat fly out the door. The Front Porch Cafe and Granny Ogle’s also offer sensational fare.
- Craftsman’s Valley, offering a page right out of the past. There are craft demonstrations, handmade souvenirs are available for purchase and you can even try some of the traditional trades.
Source : flickr.com
Stop by Old Flames Candles and dip your very own candles or take a walk to Mountain Blown Glass to make an amazing glass blown ornament. Your family and friends will adore this hands on experience.
Source : dollywood.com
Craftsman’s Valley is the home of Eagle Mountain Majestic. This sanctuary houses more non-releasable bald eagles than anywhere else in the nation. You can take a close look at these exquisite birds or visit the aviary. The aviary encompasses 30,000 square feet. The birds go into action during the Craftsman’s Valley Wings of America Show.
If you have kids, the Country Fair section, with classic carnival games, is a great place to bring them. They can win stuffed animals to take home and will love playing all the games.
Source : dollywood.com
- The Southern Gospel Hall of Fame and Museum is an attraction is in the Showstreet section of the park. You will learn all about the pioneers of Southern gospel including Bill Gaither and The Rambos. There is an animatronic gospel quartet and the first tour bus used by the Blackwood Brothers has been beautifully replicated.
- When the kids need to get rid of some energy, take them to the Firehouse Fun Yard and the Lil’ Pilots Playground. The kids can explore and can get wet with the pop-jet at the Firehouse. You can relax and enjoy watching them have a whole lot of fun.
Source : www.dollywood.com
- The Chasing Rainbows Museum is dedicated to Dolly Parton’s career and life. The museum highlights her Grammy awards, appearances in the movies and on television, her hit songs and the many phenomenal dresses she has worn. There is even a Dolly hologram to greet the guests. This is the Great Smoky Mountains at their very best.
Source : emmetstreetcreations.files.wordpress.com
Depending on when you visit, there are popular festivals, decorations and special entertainment throughout the year, including the “Festival of Nations” which begins in early spring or the summertime 4th of July parade–not to mention spooky jack-o-lanterns at Halloween and incredible Christmas events.
And while you’re in the Smokies, don’t forget the wonderful cuisine, such as the “beans ‘n cornbread festival” at nearby Gatlinburg–which is also an important part of The Great Smoky Mountains.