As that time of the year arrives and by that we mean, “The vacations!” life throws at us the most tiresome and boring thing on our faces. You ask what that is, of course packing. Just imagine, you’re on your dream trip and you remember mid-flight that you forgot to pack your sunscreen or that favourite perfume. Well clearly, that hurts. But who enjoys packing anyway, ugh! So, leave the tough job at us. We’re going to help you ease out on your packing list and trust us for this, it’s not that dreary.
So, the following things are definite must-haves while you’re on your dream trip without the disappointment. Let’s get started already!
To begin with, it is wiser to classify your things into various accessible pouches as a part of a packing checklist.
The Extreme Essentials and the Obvious:
- ID proof: That is the topmost requirement. Because we know you without a doubt but not everybody does, right? So, pack your ID proof in the safest yet accessible place. Without fail!
- Reservation details: You can not possibly miss out on this unless you’re somebody who likes adventure. Also, nobody wants to get messed up with the stay in the last minute.
- Guide’s contact/guidebook: because, why’d anyone want to wander in a place you have no knowledge about?
- Emergency contact card: You may need that any time.
- Mobile phone essentials: Charger, Power bank, Headphones, Extra memory cards (If necessary)
- Cash/credit/debit cards
- Insurance cards
- Travel locks
- Passport size pictures (for instant visa)
Trip Packing List: The on-the-go kit
- Sanitizer: You don’t want to eat or touch yourself after touching all those foreign things with the same two hands, do you?
- Drinking water: Because packaged water isn’t feasible everywhere.
- Extra pair of glasses/contact lenses and their solution
- Medicines- Flu tablets, pain reliever, indigestion tablets, allergy pills, prescription medications,
- Mosquito repellent
- First aid kit- Bandages, ointment
- Emergency food
- Wet/dry tissues
- Body shower gel/bar
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Sunscreen and after sun
- Sanitary napkins/tampons
- Dental floss
- Hairstyling appliances
- Shaving supplies
- Feminine hygiene products
- Nail file/clippers
However, shampoo and conditioner are to be carried along if you are staying in a hotel that does not provide you with these things already.
You may also like to read 6 Ways to Prepare For Your First Trip Abroad
- Skincare products
- Makeup/cosmetics- Eyebrow pencil, Kohl, concealer, primer, foundation, translucent powder, eye shadow palette, lipstick, lip gloss, blush, mascara, eyeliner
- Grooming- Hair ties, hair clip, bobby pins, travel size hair brush, tweezers
Vary based on the location you are going to and the weather conditions of that area. It is suggested that you carry along comfortable daily wear and clothes that enable you to stay active and free. Some of which are as follows as shown here in the travel packing list.
- Shirts (Casual/formal depending on the purpose)
- Laundry kit
- Laundry cleanser
- Casual shoes
- Trekking/athletic shoes
- Formal shoes
- Under-clothing document holders
Additional Requirements (in your travel checklist):
- Mp3/Mp4 player
- Eye mask
- Lip balm
- Camera (with extra memory cards)
- Travel pillow
- Selfie stick
- Memory stick that has important information