LED lighting solutions are gaining popularity as an increasing number of people continue to replace their traditional lights with the new-age LED bulbs. But some people are still very skeptical about taking the plunge and one of the reasons for the same could be the higher LED bulb prices. Well, we won’t deny that LEDs are more expensive as compared to traditional incandescents, halogen, and fluorescents but we would recommend that you go through this post and then decide if it makes sense to go for an LED lighting solution despite the higher LED bulb price.
Traditional lighting solutions consume a substantial amount of power.
Do you know traditional lighting solutions such as incandescents convert only 20 percent of the power consumed into light and that the remaining 80 percent gets dissipated into heat and other forms of energy? Well, that’s true. In fact, this wastage leads to a higher power consumption which in turn results in higher energy bills.
Switching to LED lights helps reduce this wastage and allows one to make substantial savings on their energy bills as LEDs are far more energy-efficient as compared to traditional lights. They convert around 90 percent of the power consumed into light and only 10 percent of it gets converted to other forms.
Traditional lighting solutions emit heat and infrared rays.
We just discussed that traditional lighting solutions dissipate a lot of heat. In addition to that, traditional lights also emit IR rays. Incandescents, for instance, use a tungsten filament which emits infrared radiations when heated. This emission is harmful for one’s health and so it makes sense to dump the traditional lights, once and for all.
LED bulbs, on the other hand, do not emit harmful IR rays which means they are safer to use. Also, LEDs run much cooler as they do not use any filament that needs to be heated to emit light. Instead they use a semiconductor where the movement of the electrons is used to emit light.
Traditional lighting solutions are not eco-friendly.
As you would have guessed by now, traditional lighting solutions use highly toxic elements such as tungsten and mercury that not only emit heat and IR rays but are also harmful to the environment. In fact, it’s been documented that mercury poses health risks for humans and wildlife. So not that you know this, would you still want to continue using conventional lighting solutions?
Well, if not then you should switch to LED lights as soon as possible. These lights do not contain any toxic element such as mercury. Also, as we mentioned earlier, LED lights consume less energy which means they reduce the demand for fossil-fuel based energy and thereby help in reducing carbon footprint and other greenhouse emissions.
Traditional lighting solutions have shorter lifespans.
The lifespan of traditional lighting solutions varies depending on the type of lighting solution. Incandescent bulbs, for instance, have a lifespan of around 750 to 2000 hours. Similarly, the lifespan of a fluorescent bulb is in the range of 20,000-30,000 hours. Although the lifespan of fluorescents is much higher as compared to incandescents, you would be surprised to know the lifespan that LED bulbs offer.
LED bulbs have a much higher lifespan. A typical LED bulb lasts anywhere between 35000 to 50000 hours. Some high-quality LED bulbs last even 100,000 hours. If you are looking for a high quality LED bulb with a higher lifespan you can go with Luminous India’s Blaze Eco LED High Wattage Bulb. The bulb comes with robust electronics for long life.
Just As Importantly
While some people may have no issues with conventional lighting solutions’ lack of style, there are many who are very particular about their home’s decor. The good thing is that modern LED lights come in a wide range of shapes and styles. Some of them even offer multiple color options in one LED bulb. You can even vary the brightness of the LED bulbs with their unique dimming feature. If you want to buy reasonably priced LED bulbs that offer all these benefits then you should check out Luminous India’s LED offerings. They are one of the most trusted names in the LED space and the best thing about buying from them is that you get to buy a high-quality product at very reasonable prices.