Are you planning to write a resume and looking for useful tips? What to mention and what should be set aside? In what way should I write my resume? What did you need to know before starting work? This article has eight tips to help you write an impressive, compelling, and accurate resume if you have decided to do it on your own and not to hire someone professional writing resumes, cv and cover letter working for resume writing services.
Notes: AccuroResumes is a professional, best, online, resume writing service. Its team of custom writers are certified, cheap at cost, always ready to help, available online 24/7 and high-quality.
- Gather as much information as possible about the company you want to work for. The best way to convince an employer to choose you is to learn the goals and tasks of the company. Before you make a resume, find out what kind of people the company needs. Then, pick those aspects from your future, which satisfy requirements of the company you are going to work for.
- Know yourself as a professional, realize your skills and achievements. What are you good at? What can you do best of all? What are you proud of? Analyze your previous work places. What skills did you acquire? Make a list of your “professional hits”, cases where your contribution was especially useful to the company. Pick up positive feedback about your work, re-read your working materials. Maybe you will find achievements that you have already forgotten about. We also recommend that you keep a professional “diary” and note all your new skills or reviews of satisfied customers.
Also, try to answer the following questions:
- Do you hold a post, which usually is occupied by older people?
- Maybe you are one of the few who managed to move to a department or a position that is especially popular?
- Have you ever received awards for your work that far exceed the average level of employee incentives?
All of this data can be included in the Highlights section at the top of the document.
- Try to distinguish from others. Fight the negative stereotypes of your profession to show that you are an unusual person. If you work as an accountant, an employer may decide that you do not like to take risks. Therefore, you need to include in your resume information that refutes this stereotype: for example, entrepreneurship, motorcycle racing, etc. If you are a financier, you may be considered conceited and arrogant. So, it should be shown that you have social skills and strive to help people: social activities, mentoring, etc.
- Include accurate, precise information. It is not enough to say “I developed a plan for the e-commerce department, which was then implemented” if you can back up your words with numbers, for example, “I developed a strategy for e-commerce with a budget of $ 5 million, which allowed me to increase profits by 12% and attract six new customers.” If you work for a private company and cannot disclose profit data, express positive changes as a percentage or show that thanks to your contribution, the rating of the company has improved or demand for goods has increased.
- Do not go too far in the past. As a rule, if you enroll in a master’s program and you already have two years of experience, you do not need to mention your school achievements. However, there are exceptions to this rule. For example, if you received a prestigious award at the national level, it must be mentioned.
- Do not turn a blind eye to your weak spots. Sometimes we all fell into trouble: we were demoted, we were stuck in a hopeless position or simply could not work in full force. Do not hush up the presence of “career dead ends” (see tip # 8), but you can show them in a good light so that you have the opportunity to explain yourself during the interview. It all starts with a resume. If you use the right strategy, you can cope with everything: the same type of job, frequent job changes, limited experience or unemployment.
- Tell the truth. You should not invent yourself degrees, achievements and other personal or professional advantages. It is unethical and harmful to your career. Employers will immediately show you the way out if it turns out that the information in your resume is more of a fiction than a fact. You should also not gloss over failures or exaggerate achievements. For example, if you were one of six members of a management team with equal rank and responsibility, do not say that you “led the management team.”
- Be strategically creative. No, we do not mean that the summary should be written on paper “marbled” or painted with multi-colored markers. Just writing it should be as creative as fulfilling your job responsibilities. For example, if the traditional chronological format does not immediately attract attention to your best achievements, use a “functional” format or something in between. If you pay for your college tuition yourself, mention this in the Education section.
Do you want to inform your potential employer that you belong to an ethnic minority without giving personal data (which cannot be done in principle)? Add the “Membership in Organizations” section and indicate the name of the organization to which you belong (for example, “Ohio South Asian Business Association”) to show which communities you identify with. All these tips are united by one fundamental principle: your resume is not just a retelling of your experience, but a well-thought-out document that demonstrates your professional influence and shows why you should take the position.
Tips for choosing resume writing services
If you think that you need professional resume writing services such as AccuroResumes to assist you with getting this task done, go ahead! This uk service is always near. It is legal, affordable, and each writer who you order to buy services from is a good purchase undoubtedly. See Resume writing tips at Live Enhanced.
Apply for AccuroResumes help and receive a resume of your dream! It has never been easier than it is now!